The County Clerk serves as the Clerk of the Court for the Misdemeanor County Court at Law. This court hears Class A and B misdemeanor offenses such as DWIs, thefts, and assaults.
The Misdemeanor Records Division of the Clerk's Office records information from these courts and provides administrative support through the issuance of warrants, summons, subpoenas, and commitments.
Felony information is located in the Walker County District Clerk's Office.
All criminal files pertaining to the County Criminal Misdemeanor Courts filed prior to 1962 are not available. In criminal cases from 1962 - 1987 only judgments are available. This is in compliance with the Texas State Library and Archive Commission retention schedule.
· Our office charges $5.00 for criminal search request if you have one or no cases.
· If you have more than one case, it will be $5.00 per case.
· When requesting a search request we ask that you provide 3 identifiers such as DL, name & SSN, if possible.
· You may come to our office in person for the search.
· If you choose to mail in the request, please enclose the payment.
· Please send a self-addressed stamped envelope for us to return your request.
· Our office does accept personal and business checks via phone/fax.
Fax, mail and/or email request on agency letterhead and we will return the information to you as soon as possible.
$5.00 per name
$6.00 per judgment (Certified Copies)
$1.00 per page (Copies)
Effective on October 1, 2016 there will be a $3.00 Credit Card Handling Fee.
You may mail a request to
Walker County Clerk
1100 University Avenue
Huntsville, Texas 77320
Email request to:
Copy Request Forms:
Petition for an Order of Nondisclosure:
Office of Court Administration / Please click Link for nondisclosure forms:
We will no longer be posting fees 30 minutes prior to the close of business.
Online payment of Criminal Misdemeanor Court Costs, Fines and Fees.
24 Hours a Day - 7 Days a Week!
We accept Discover, Master Card, & American Express, Visa credit by phone/fax request, and Visa debit in person