Breaking News

Liquor Permits

Your best resource when applying for a new license or permit is your local Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) office.
They can walk you through the licensing process and answer any questions you might have. By using the link provided, you can find the local TABC office that serves Walker County.
You can also find a description of various licenses and permits, a link to the licensing fees and surcharges, licensing forms and instructions, and more.

TABC (Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission)
Applications for alcoholic beverage licenses are available at the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC), P. O. Box 13127, Austin, Texas 78711 and at the TABC website:
Beer licenses cannot be renewed earlier than 30 days of its expiration date.  If you fail to renew your license on time a late fee of $100.00 will be added.  If you fail to renew your license on time, and more than 10 days lapse after the expiration date, you will be required to do the following:
  • Cease selling beer
  • Refile with TABC
When you mail the renewal for a liquor license to TABC, you MUST also pay the appropriate COUNTY PERMIT FEE to the Walker County Tax A/C.  The County is authorized to collect one-half of the state fee for each permit issued for premises located within the county (beginning the third year following the issuance of a mixed beverage permit.  Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code, Section 11.38 Local Fee Authorized.
Program adjustments have been made at the county level in order to parallel the two-year permit structure of TABC and the county billing cycle.  Beginning January 2011, you will be receiving an invoice for the county permit renewal once we receive notification from TABC that your renewal license with the state has been processed. 
We know it can get confusing so please feel free to contact our office to ask any questions and to confirm the current amount due to Walker County.

Contact Us

1301 Sam Houston Ave
Huntsville, TX 77340

In this Department