Disabled Parking Permits

To apply for a NEW "permanent" (blue) placard or "temporary" (red) placard, you must:
  • Ask your doctor to complete the Disability Statement section of the application (Form No. VTR-214)
  • Complete the rest of the application
  • Submit the application and payment to the Walker County Tax Office, Vehicle Registration Dept.
To RENEW a "permanent" (blue) placard, you must:
  • Complete the Affidavit portion of a new application (not the disability statement), including the signature of the applicant
  • Submit a copy of the original application, along with the new application and payment to your county tax office.  If you do not have a copy of your application, you may also submit your expiring placard(s) to your county tax office.
Placards for permanent disabilities must be renewed every four years.  Placards for temporary disabilities are valid for six months or until your disability ends, whichever comes first, and cannot be renewed.  You will need to apply for a new placard if your temporary disability extends beyond the six-month limit.
Please click the link below for additional information regarding disability parking permits:

Disabled Parking Permits

Contact Us

Annex Building
1301 Sam Houston Ave
Huntsville, TX 77340

In this Department

More Information

Find content and services related to this page.